Ollie Ollerton, former UK special forces soldier, best-selling author, and star of SAS: Who Dares Wins, is working with Keller Postman UK to raise awareness of military pension mis-selling. Together, we are helping former and current service personnel get the compensation they are due.
Commenting on this national scandal, Ollerton, who regularly raises awareness of issues facing servicemen and women said: “Our military community has been infiltrated by fraudsters and crooks trying to get their hands on our valuable pensions.”
IF YOU HAVE BEEN MIS-SOLD A MILITARY PENSION, JOIN OUR CLAIM TO RECEIVE THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE.
What is military pension mis-selling?
Between 2013 and 2015, around 3,600 former service personnel transferred their money out of the MoD pension scheme. Many did this after being targeted by overseas companies and unregulated salespeople who convinced them to move their funds into private schemes. All too often, the risks of transferring a military pension were not fully explained, and numerous former and current service personnel have lost thousands because of transferring their pension.
Have you been affected?
If you were persuaded to transfer your British Armed Forces pension to a private scheme you might have been mis-sold. In particular, you could be involved if:
- You were approached about the transfer prior to 2015.
- The risks of transferring your British Armed Forces pension were not fully explained.
- You have lost money because of transferring your pension.
- You have lost the guarantees that came with your military pension.
- You unwittingly made unregulated, unsuitable, or fraudulent investments.
- You have discovered that you cannot access your pension.
- You have been hit with high fees and charges.
- You were advised by, had dealings with, or had your pension moved to CI Associates / Caledonian International, Servatus, Harbour Pensions QROPS, STM Malta QROPS, Carey Options SIPP, Creechurch Isle of Man or Ardan Platform. More are likely to be added to this list as the investigation progresses.
Ollie Ollerton is working with Keller Postman UK to ensure that justice is done
Sharing his anger over the targeting of military personnel, Ollerton said:
“There is no better pension than the UK military pension. They are robust, reliable and they stick with inflation. To think that the rug would have been pulled from under my feet and my pension would have been stolen would be absolutely devastating.
“Unfortunately, prior to 2015, service personnel were targeted to transfer their valuable military pensions to unregulated and unsuitable schemes. This has resulted in thousands of veterans losing some or all of their pensions. That’s why I’m working with Keller Postman UK to ensure that we get justice for the veterans that are affected.”
Make a military pension mis-selling claim
Keller Postman UK is helping those affected by military pension mis-selling claim compensation for their losses. We believe that those affected could be owed hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Many people still do not know that their pension was affected by this scandal – especially if their current pension pot seems healthy. Our expert fraud and investment mis-selling lawyers can help you find out if your armed forces pension was mis-sold. Crucially, if you were advised by a financial adviser who was regulated in the UK to transfer your military pension to a SIPP or QROPS, this increases the chances of us being able to make a successful claim on your behalf.
Moving a military pension is rarely advisable. So, if you are worried that you might have been mis-sold, contact us to find out how we can help you.